Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My dad's visit

The Christmas Markt
Bad Durkheim Castle
At the Speyer cathedral

So the first night we went to Heidelburg, but dont think for a second we stopped the fun there. Monday I ran him ragged. We went to Speyer in the morning saw the large cathedral, walked the town where we found the coolest landscaped yard, dad loved it. Then we went to a smaller gothic cathedral. Very beautiful. Next we drove through Mannheim since there isnt a whole lot to see, but it is a really fun city and we feel lucky to live here. Next stop was Trav's office where we got to go out on the flight line and look at the helicopters up close and personal. Then off to get DONERS!!!!! Yummy. Dad got to meet the kids Teachers when we picked the kiddos up from school. We drove to Bad durkheim where we were yelled at by a grouchy German lady before we got to the castle that happened to be closed. Next we drove to Worms to see an even bigger cathedral and it was closed as well. Ya know though..... even with all of the closed attraction's I had soooooooo much fun just being with my dad. I really needed the one on one time! That night we went to the Christmas Markt in Mannheim where we had winzersteak, chocolate covered fruit, and Dumfenudle to bad the rolls were cold. I was picked to be in a AFN commercial, to be seen on TV next week. I'm famous, J/K!!!!!



I really really enjoyed having you dad. It was hard to see you go. I cant wait for June. This was such a special weekend. Thank you dad! I love you!


Thank you Kar for letting dad cross the big water to come visit me!

No comments: