Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FISH TANK


So, a friend of mine is moving back to the states on Thursday. While packing her house she decided she was not going to take her fish tank and asked me and Trav if we wanted to have it. Since I broke Trav's last fish tank....... we said sure. It came with everything including 6 fish which have been named as follows. Biggest fish is butthead, Fred, Maya, Sarah, Jack, Turtle.

So we got it home, moved it into place and started filling it up. While we were filling Trav brought the fish in the house. They were in a plastic tub. Trav tripped. Yup you guessed it........... fish floppin on the floor and water everywhere. I was more worried about the water all over our crappy hard wood floors then the fish so I grabbed every towl we had and started cleaning up. SQUISH!!!!!!! I stepped on a fish. I thought it was a goner for sure but the little guy pulled through (at least so far). Then we put the poor flopping half squished fish in the tub to play until the tank was ready.
Next we put in the filtration system.......that doesnt work AT ALL plus it squirted Trav in the face several times. The kids and I laughed....... Trav didnt!!!!!! So we are now on the look out for


a filtration system and more bubbles. We will also add more fish eventually. As for now we are shocked that the fish we have have not gone belly up.

No comments: